Baking Powder Biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder (heaping)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (heaping)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2/3 cups milk
Recipe from Charlie Craik
A quick and easy breakfast that is a favourite in our household. They are best served with butter and jam.
|Preheat:||400 ° F|
|Prep Time:||5 min|
|Cook Time:||10 min|
|Ready In:||15 min|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add oil. Mix until it looks like corn crumbs.
- Add milk. Mix until thick batter. Roll out.
- Fold in half. Roll again to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut circles with small glass.
- Bake for 10 minutes and check. Should be golden brown.
Be sure to use heaping spoons for the baking soda and baking powder.