- 2 cups raisins
- 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 tsp evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Recipe from Shaan Pighin
Yummy butter tarts! A Christmas tradition for as long as I can remember.
|Preheat:||375 ° F|
|Prep Time:||2-3 hrs|
|Cook Time:||15 min|
|Ready In:||3 hrs|
- In small pot mix raisins, water, and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- Bring mixture to a boil stirring constantly.
- Cover with lid and put outside to cool.
- In medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients (brown sugar, butter, eggs, corn starch, evaporated milk, and vanilla).
- Once boiled mixture is cool, add and mix everything together.
Put it all together
- Roll out pie dough (from pie crust recipe). Use flour under dough and sprinkle on top when rolling to prevent it from sticking.
- Once pie dough is rolled out into thin layer, cut circles. I use a Starbucks lid from grande coffee which is the perfect size for my butter tarts.
- Place dough circles in medium baking cups, then fill with butter tart mixture.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes or until crust becomes slightly brown.
You can make the pie dough while waiting for the filling to cool down.