Chocolate Caramel Squares
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/3 cup butter (softened)
Recipe from Company’s Coming – Gifts from the Kitchen
A sweet and crunchy square that is easy to make. A definite favourite in our house.
|Preheat:||350 ° F|
|Prep Time:||10 min|
|Cook Time:||35 min|
|Ready In:||45 min|
- BOTTOM LAYER: combine first 3 ingredients in medium bowl. Cut in margarine until crumbly. Press firmly into 9×9 inch greased pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.
- MIDDLE LAYER: Sprinkle bottom layer with chocolate chips. Then drizzle caramel sauce over top.
- TOP LAYER: Stir flour and brown sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir, and sprinkle over caramel sauce.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until browned.
- Cut into 36 squares.
Take butter out of fridge several hours early to ensure it is softened.