Deep Dish Rolo Pie
- 1 pkg Digestive biscuits (400g)
- 1 c Rolos (100g)
- 3/4 c butter
- 1 c rolos
- 1 c carmel sauce
- 1.5 c Whipped Cream (350 ml)
- 3/4 c rolos
- 1 c dark chocolate
- 1.25 c whipped cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c rolos
- 2 tbsp carmel sauce
Recipe from https://www.tastemade.co.uk/videos/deep-dish-rolo-pie
An epic triple layered Rolo pie has a classic buttery biscuit base, a thick layer of caramel, topped with super rich chocolate ganache, cream and Rolos! What more could you want!?
|Prep Time:||30 min|
|Ready In:||4 hrs|
- Line the base and sides of the cake tin with greaseproof paper- use oil to stick as butter will chill too much and make removing the pie difficult.
- Make the crust – Using a food processor blitz the digestives into fine crumbs then tip into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl melt the rolos and butter together then tip into the digestives and mix well. Press into the cake tin, and push down evenly with the back of a spoon until the bottom and sides are completely covered- come right the way up to the top of the tin. Set aside to chill in the fridge.
- Make the caramel layer – Melt the rolos and caramel sauce together then pour into the tin. Set aside in the fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
- Make the chocolate layer – In a medium pan add the cream and heat until nearly boiling. Remove from the heat and add the Rolos and dark chocolate, stirring until everything has melted together and has a smooth, silky consistency. Set aside to cool a little then pour over the caramel mixture- it will come right up to the top. Leave to set for a minimum of 4 hours, ideally overnight.
- To serve – Remove the pie from the tin and transfer onto a serving plate. Whip the double cream and vanilla together to soft peaks. Chop the remaining Rolos and sprinkle over the top, then drizzle with caramel sauce.