- 2 1/2 – 3 cups flour
- 2 tbsp rosemary leaves (crushed)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 pkg active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 5 tbsp course salt
Recipe from Betty Crocker Cookbook
This bread is sometimes referred to as Italian flatbread. The dough is versatile and makes wonderful breadsticks as well as loaves. Serve with a bit of olive oil and shredded parmesan for dipping.
|Preheat:||400 ° F|
|Prep Time:||15 min|
|Cook Time:||20 min|
|Ready In:||2 hrs|
- Mix 1 c flour, rosemary, sugar, salt, and yeast. Add 3 tbsp oil and water. Then stir in remaining flour and knead.
- Cover bowl and rise in oven with light on for 30 min. Grease 1 cookie sheet.
- Deflate dough and shape into cookie sheets. Cover loosely and let rise in oven for 30 min with light on.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- FOCACCIA BREAD: Make depressions 2” apart in dough. Brush with 2 tbsp oil and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15-20 min.
- BREAD STICKS: Combine Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder and coat bread. Bake for 15 min. Spread butter and a touch of salt on bread.