Greek Lemon Potatoes
- 5 large potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 5 or 6 stamens of saffron (optional)
- 2/3 cup hot water
Recipe from Unknown
These are a huge hit in our house. The kids like these with extra lemon!
|Prep Time:||10 min|
|Cook Time:||60-75 min|
|Ready In:||1 hr 30 min|
- Peel and cube the potatoes and place in shallow roasting pan.
- Mix in the garlic and oregano and then drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Toss well.
- Add saffron to hot water and carefully pour into the pan so not to disturb the coating on potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for about 60-75 min, stirring occasionally and adding more hot water if needed to prevent sticking.
I sometimes add Italian seasoning instead of oregano.