Oatmeal Cookies – Instant
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 packs instant oatmeal
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp milk
Recipe from www.ehow.com
Instant oatmeal is a convenient hot breakfast, but you can do more with packets of instant oats than make a bowl of oatmeal. Making cookies with instant oatmeal isn't any harder than using regular oats. Plus, the flavoured packs of instant oatmeal can make more interesting and tasty cookies.
|Preheat:||350 ° F|
|Prep Time:||10 min|
|Cook Time:||10 min|
|Ready In:||20 min|
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on the cookie sheet and spray it with cooking spray. Set aside for later use.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and the instant oatmeal in a bowl. The instant oatmeal can be any flavoUr you want or a mixture of flavoUrs. You also can use unflavoured instant oatmeal.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Pour the melted butter into a bowl and crack an egg in to it. Whisk the melted butter and egg together.
- Add the white granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract and milk to the melted butter, and mix with a spoon.
- Add the chocolate chips or raisins to the mixture. You also can add cranberries or chopped nuts, such as walnuts, pecans or almonds.
- Add the flour-oatmeal mixture to the sugar mixture gradually. Add more oats or flour to the cookie dough if necessary to thicken it up.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet or roll the cookie dough into balls. Flatten the dough balls with a fork or a cup until they are ½ inch thick.
- Bake the instant oatmeal cookies for about 10 minutes or until they are light golden brown.
- Remove them from the pan and let them cool for about five minutes before eating.