Spicy Grilled Shrimp
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 lbs large shrimp
- 8 wedges lemon (for garnish if desired)
Recipe from Tavis Craik adapted from allrecipes.com
So fast and easy to prepare, these shrimp are a perfect appy for a summer bbq.
|Prep Time:||15 min|
|Ready In:||2 hrs 15 min|
- In a small bowl, crush the garlic with the salt.
- Mix in cayenne pepper and paprika.
- Stir in olive oil to form a paste.
- In large ziplock bag, toss shrimp with garlic paste until evenly coated.
- Marinate for 2 hours.
- Add lemon juice 20 minutes prior to cooking or serving.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until opaque.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with lemon wedges.
If shrimp is pre-cooked, marinate and serve without grilling.